The word Mandala means “circle”. A Mandala represents wholeness, a cosmic diagram reminding us of our relation to infinity, extending beyond and within our bodies and minds. These works of art have a circular figure representing the universe in Hindu and Buddhist symbolism.
Zen Motion: Mandala Session Duration: 6 hrs
- The Mandala Session will allow participants to create a personalized Mandala Painting using predesignated templates.
- Each participant with personalize the painting by using 5 specific symbols within the center of the Mandala that represent 5 core principles most central to them.
EIGHT AUSPICIOUS SYMBOLS
The eight auspicious symbols of Mandala art consist of:
- The Two Golden Fishes: They represent fertility and abundance.
- The Treasure Vase: The treasure vase symbolizes an endless rain of long life, wealth and prosperity and all the benefits of this world and liberation.
- The Lotus Flower: It is a symbol of purity, renunciation and divinity.
- The Right-Spiraling Conch Shell: The conch shell is an emblem of power, authority and sovereignty; its blast is believed to banish evil spirits, avert natural disasters, and scare away poisonous creatures.
- The Endless Knot: It symbolizes endless wisdom and compassion.
- The Victory Banner: the development of knowledge, wisdom, compassion
- The Golden Wheel: The wheel is an ancient Indian symbol of creation, sovereignty, protection, and the sun.
- Ice Breakers
- Art as a Therapy
- Understanding Mandalas and symbols.
Part 2::Creating the Mandala
A Mandala Kit will be provided to each participant consisting of
- 12 x 12 inch canvas
- Art Supplies: Acrylic Paints, easel, brushes, palette
- Templates to create the art
- Symbols to select from
- Each participant will create the art work with colors and symbols that appeal to them.